Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Students Hoping for Another Fun Sadie Hawkins Dance

By M'CHAELAH BROWN, Freshmen
BLYTHEWOOD- The Sadie Hawkins Dance is expected to take place December 12, 2015 on Saturday in the atrium, auditorium, and cyber cafe from 6- 11 p.m.

The student activities have their very own room and office at Blythewood High School. This is where the student body officers are working hard on the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

Many people attended Bythewood's first Sadie Hawkins Dance last year and the reviews were great!


Now there is a new crowd making a great roar at BHS and they are the freshmen class of 2019. Many freshmen wish to attend school events but are stopped by something.



“I have never experienced this type of dance at school before so I do not know what to expect, so I am not looking forward to it,” freshman Claire Dupre said.

Another reason freshmen are not completely sold on going is because they do not know what they would do once they get there. However, there are a few things that would make students attend the dance.


“If my friends were going I would go to the dance with them so that we can be together,” Dupre said.


“ If there was a person I would want to go with then I would attend the dance,” freshmen Madison Cribbs said.


Many people attended the first Sadie Hawkins Dance and enjoyed themselves. Despite the fact that it might have been nerve wrecking to ask a guy.


“I  bought a bunch of candy and wrote it would be sweet if you went to Sadie with me!” Emery Turner, Sophomore Class Treasurer said of her experience last year.


“If I was to give advice to people that are nervous about asking, do not worry about it, just ask you are going to regret it if you do not. You can also just ask a friend, it is more fun and less drama,” Turner said.


No matter what the original reason for being against or opposed to Sadie’s you should go in order to take part of events in school and make the most of high school at Blythewood High School. Many students do choose to take advantage of the opportunities and school functions that Blythewood High has to offer however;some do not and watch high school go by.


“If I could describe my Sadie’s experience in three words I would say fun, unique, and memorable. It is important to attend high school events because it is what you're going to remember the most. This is the time of every teenagers life;and high school is way more fun when you actually get up and do something instead of sitting back and watching it go by," Turner said.