Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Recognition of television in school vs. nationwide

BY TYLER DUNLAP, Freshman

BLYTHEWOOD -- According to tvguide.com, The Big Bang Theory has narrowly beat out NCIS this past season as the most watched series in all of television.

Bang” averaged 23.1 million viewers for the season ending May 24, while NCIS averaged 22.4 million,” stated tvguide.com.



“When walking around the school I hear a lot of people talking about what is going on with their favorite tv show,” said freshman Gabrielle Waden.

“I like NCIS, but I do not care for The Big Bang Theory, it’s a little boring,” Waden commented.

“My favorite show is Love and Hip Hop, because everything is real and the feature people are hilarious,” Waden stated.

According to freshman geography teacher Mark Dyer, he does not watch much television, so when he does it is usually The Walking Dead.

“I think the zombies are a metaphor for people and I can better relate to the characters struggling against the zombies,” Dyer said.

“I have never even heard of NCIS or The Big Bang Theory,” commented freshman Tynasia Foster.

“I don’t watch tv much, but Untold Stories of the E.R. is one of the best shows I’ve seen,” said Foster.