Monday, October 24, 2016

BHS Leo Club Helps Give Back to the Community

BY ABIGAIL RIMMER, Junior
BLYTHEWOOD-- Almost every Wednesday, a herd of radically different students walk through the 800 Hallway of Blythewood High School towards science teacher, Michael Varnadore’s room to come together for Leo Club.

Leo Club is a service based school club dedicated to different projects to give back to the community.

Composed of a large portion of BHS’s population, Leo Club attracts many different members from all grades and walks of life.



“I’m joining Leo Club because it is a great opportunity for me to serve and help better my community,” Junior Micaiah Simon said.

According to the BHS Leo Club website, the Leo Club is a part of the international Lions Club, the world’s leading community service organization.

The international Lions Club has more than 1.35 million members around the world.

Junior Camryn Price is joining Leo Club this year after learning of the wide scale change the club makes.

“It is a club helping others and my community and it’s one of the best ways to be involved,” Price said.

Jaelyn Ellis, a junior at Blythewood, is helping give back to her community and keep everyone updated on the Leo Club events.

“I’m the Leo Club secretary, I run the Leo Club Twitter and website, and I think it is important because it is a service organization, and I enjoy community service,” Ellis said.

Leo Club has many different service events, opportunities, function, and awards. Anyone willing and wanting to give back to their community should head to 812 to join.