Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Riley Juggles Sports, School

BY KEAYRA JACKSON, Sophomore


BLYTHEWOOD-- Majority of kids play sports during high school, but whoever decide to play, lots of responsibilities come with it.


A variety of time comes with playing two sports.


School work, studying and also going to the after school or morning practices is included.


Kameron Riley is a sophomore who attends Blythewood High School and also plays football and basketball.


“Time management plays a huge part in sports during high school because I have to plan when I have to do homework for an away game or make sure I have time for tutoring,” Riley said.


Not only does it take time, it also takes many responsibilities on and off the court or field.


Riley plays as a wide receiver on the BHS Junior Varsity football team.


“As a wide receiver, I have many responsibilities. First I have to make sure that in warm ups we don’t drop the ball. I also make sure that the quarterback is confident in himself and his arm,” Riley said.


Responsibilities play a major prominent role in the classroom.


Making sure grades are maintained and making sure what is taught in the class is understood is included in responsibility.


“In Physical Science last year, I had a goal of getting a B+ and ended up with a low C. So this year as I take Biology, I need to make sure that I block out all distractions and buckle down and also understand everything that is getting taught,” Riley said.


However, a few other Blythewood High School students, Keasia James and Shakura Wesley, spoke about Riley.


“If I was to describe Kameron in one word I would say that he is very goofy. I have never met someone that is as goofy as him, but once he gets on the field, he takes it serious and doesn’t play around,” senior James said.


“Kameron is really outgoing. He is one of the most friendly people that I know and he is really cool. I really like that about him,” junior Wesley said.

From the looks of it, Riley has a big career ahead of him for football, basketball and even academics.