Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Schools Should Offer 'Dinner' Option

BY ASHLYNN AUGUSTUS, TIA GARNER, KENDALL HARP, Freshmen

BLYTHEWOOD-- Students at Blythewood High School only get served breakfast and lunch, even if they are on the lunch program.

Many people think students on the lunch program should be served dinner, but others think good grief.

"Kids on the lunch program should be served dinner," Freshman Chyenne Carr said.

"Kids on the lunch program should not be served dinner because it's not their job. Schools are supposed to serve breakfast and lunch," Freshman Michaela Catoe said.

"I think kids on the lunch program should be served dinner, yes," according to Freshman Malcolm Hall

Some students debate on whether or not students on the lunch program could just have dinner or if everyone can participate.

"I think it should be limited to the people who were struggling," Carr stated  

“I think everyone should come because everyone deserves a dinner,” according to Hall.

If students receive dinner from the school it could harm and or help them.

“ It would probably feed them food they would not get.” Carr said.

“ It could take away from some of the money that is being given towards school lunches.” Catoe stated.

“ It gives them dinner so then they will not go home starving because you do not know if they got fed at home or something.” Stated Hall

Students who answered no have never experienced the feeling of being hungry.

“ I mean I guess I would feel good if the school fed me three meals, but it is my parent’s responsibility to do what they need to do.” said Catoe.